Academic degrees do not necessarily make a person smarter, and the most intelligent people are not always the people with the highest degrees. Below are some signs indicating you're smarter than you think you are:
- Other people seek you out for your advice.
- You enjoy solving puzzles and problems.
- You come up with new ideas and process improvements on your own.
- You learn from every new experience and apply your learning to new problems.
- When there's a big problem at work, you are the first person they call to solve it.
- You learn on the fly and by doing new things, not just by reading books.
- In the subject areas that you care about, you are an expert; even if you would never call yourself one.
- Deep inside, no matter what anybody else told you, you've always known you are smart. You've always known you had something compelling to offer the world.